Saturday, April 12, 2008

Split Intentions.

An Overview of Date Two.

I started the day off with the intention to be there EARLY. Since I was a little late for the last date I wanted to start this one off on the right foot. Lets just say that didn’t happen. First off, I don’t see how it is that I always seem to be running behind but at this point in my life I think its safe to say that its inevitably ME. You want me there at 7? Better tell me its at 6:45 (and you had better be damn well convincing because if I figure out its really at 7 i'll prob not be there until 7:10 lol).
Well in this instance I would have been fine, I would have been pretty much on time had it been downtown but it was changed to Bridgeport Village out in Tigard at the last minute which is considerably further for me to drive. Then, when I stopped to get gas I noticed as I took my debit card out of my wallet that my ID was not in its proper place. It was still in my gym bag which I so conveniently just put in my apartment. We were starting off at a bar! I am going to get carded! So I had to go home and get it. I called him, said “You are not going to believe what happened…” and he took it quite well. At least he is not one of those people that cannot stand it when someone is incessantly late. But this is the first time that I was ever THAT late to anything. It didn’t help that because of the beautiful day everyone and their grandmother was out driving, and driving quite slow at that.
We started at the bar Split. I walk in and he was sitting up at the bar drinking a Hefeweizen, I ordered a Black Butte Porter (because that was the only dark beer they had there, and it was from a bottle mind you). I did like the ambiance of the place, it was clean, crisp and classy. I wouldn’t mind going there again but next time I would like to sit at a table so that way I could be in a more comfortable chair. We were there for a couple hours, left around 9:30 to go find food and after getting up and walking, a bathroom. We stopped in The Pizza Kitchen to use the bathroom and that was it.
So we walked…
Want to eat here?
Nah..
How about here?
Hmm.. lets look at the menu.. yeah no thanks.
Here?
Oww.. yeah lets try it!
We ended up at a Mediterranean place where it was difficult to decipher the menu, even for me. He ordered a flat bread pizza (which did NOT come with marinara sauce but a roasted red pepper sauce lol), and after much deliberating on my part I was told that I wanted the one thing on the menu that they were out of for the day (that is always how it goes for me). The waiter couldn’t really explain to me what was in the Persian Meza so I settled for a Greek Meza. Well, I should have just gotten a damn hummus plate if you ask me because I really didn’t like anything on my plate. The pita bread was excellent however lol
From there we had to go, it was after 11 and I had to be at work in the early AM.
He walked me to my car...
....
Ha.

Quick Synopsis: I do like the guy, but I don’t know if there is true chemistry between us. There was no passion, no spark. He kept calling me innocent but I don’t believe that that was what he was truly seeing. I think he was misinterpreting my hesitancy and why I was holding myself back; innocence had nothing to do with it. And I do not find the fact that he has lost his ambition particularly attractive. I went into the date thinking that it was going to be the last one but I don’t know. I don’t want to lead the guy on… And I don’t want to waste my already sparse time.

No comments: