Saturday, April 5, 2008

Friday Night Drinks

One benefit of working the AM shift is the fact that I am free on Thursday and Friday nights to do whatever I please past the hours of 9pm. Most of the time I do what I am supposed to and go to bed, tonight, however, I needed a drink.
I met up with S (yup, the same one that stood me up last week; proof that I always seem to give people second chances) at Old Chicago in SE and took advantage of their ever-so-extravagant happy hour menu. You see, he always asks me where I want to go and me, not knowing any good bars in areas aside from Down Town Portland have no idea where to go. I didn't particularily feel like going to McMenamins again so Old Chicago it is. He orders a Black Butte Porter and I order a Hefeweizen (I have been taking a break from the darker brews…… for some reason) and we decide on fries and some buffalo wings (really it was more like just chicken because we swear that they forgot to add the sauce). The waitress is less than attentive, I ask for some ketchup to go with the fries which never seemed to materialize and she came back and asked us if we wanted more drinks maybe twice. My second round beer was so bad (an IPA with a bitter aftertaste reminiscent of the bitter beer commercials I remember seeing when I was younger) that I only ended up drinking maybe a quarter of it.
So we are sitting there, chit chatting away when we realize that the time is past 1am and being that I do have to be up at 5am I had to be getting home. Around 1:30am-ish I am driving in Vancouver and get over to the lane that I need to be in to exit when the car in front of me slows way down. “What the hell?” was the only thing that came to mind. So I go around him. The next thing I know this guy gets up on my tail, swerves to my right, passes me, cuts me off and flicks a cigarette at my car in the process. Um.. again, what the hell??? I’m thinking that he must be drunk and I really didn’t want to piss him off so I just get over and pass him doing the speed limit. This apparently didn’t sit well with him because he again speeds past me then slows down then speeds past me and slows down yet again. Its one thing if I knew who he was but I don’t know anyone that drives a car like that. I take the exit to get onto SR500 and he follows continuing his crazy tactics. “Where is a cop when I need one??” I’m thinking. At this point I am starting to get worried so I decide that I should probably not let the guy follow me home so as he speeds past the Van Mall exit I hit the breaks, cross both lanes of the highway and take the exit. I see him brake almost to a complete stop on the overpass above, obviously noticing that I was gone. I got back on SR500 going the opposite direction and took the back way home.
What the hell?? I have never had anyone do anything like that before, but it was quite fun loosing him on the highway. Hehehe. Hey, if I don’t want to be caught, I won’t be caught!
I was home, in my own bed by 2am (yes, that’s right!) and was cursing the day when my alarm woke me 3 hours later….

Triple Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte Anyone??
(*hint* *hint*)

No comments: