Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bachelor #2

Come on down…
To the local Starbucks in front of PGE park.

It was a busy day which consisted of a meeting with a good friend at the bottom of the hill at WSU, to spending way too much money at the Woodburn Outlet Mall with K to rushing back to get E from school. After throwing on a different shirt and a new pair of shoes, and making a mad attempt to straighten my hair I was out the door and on my way.
I get there, I park down the street and I make the call. I see him sitting in the window and can feel his gaze as I walk down to the crosswalk to legally cross the street and head inside. He stands up, smiles and shakes my hand. I sit down, nervously, yet with a smile. We started chit chatting for a little bit when I decided that I should probably get something to drink so I get up and get myself an iced chai latte (I don’t really mind paying, in fact if he would have offered I would have declined, but I don’t know if I like the fact that he didn’t offer..). After about 7 or 8 minutes I go back and sit down and the conversation continues.
We were there for about an hour and a half, and thanks to him there wasn’t a lull in conversation at all (he kept asking all these non-open ended questions). Now, the conversation with #1 was much, much better, much less forced or probed per se. It just flowed. This, well, I felt like I was talking about ME the whole time and I didn’t like it, but if he wanted to talk about something else then he shouldn’t have kept asking me all these questions that the only answer could be about me.
Around 5pm we both had to go, I had to get up to WSU to get a paper signed for my writing portfolio before 6pm and he had to get back to work. Since it was raining he offered to give me a ride back to my car. Ok, that would be nice. We get to my car and there was no awkwardness, but maybe that was because he didn’t even try to get a hug.

Hmm...
He meets all my requirements for what I want in a guy: educated, comical, attentive, tall, fit, etc. But I just don’t know.
He’s called me quite a few times since then, and sure, we do seem to talk just fine, but there is just something… missing…
Date #2 is scheduled for Friday at 7pm, that will be the breaker.


No comments: