Sunday, April 27, 2008

oBa Please

Last night K, J and I tried to make it another night on the town…… but by the time I got there (keep in mind it was only 830ish when I did arrive) they were both sipping water and looked as if they could fall over due to pure exhaustion at any moment…
I ended up having an Impromptu date with someone I have been trying to get time with for a while now so I figured that they would understand (and it wasn’t as if I was going to blow them off all together.. just a couple of hours..). The date was wonderful and I really hope that I get a chance to see him more and more.. but that is a whole ‘nother topic all together.
Anyways, I met up with them where we always meet up now, where we now have the “vip” service (lol). They had already eaten but I was starving and bouncing off of the walls with giddiness.. so we left there and headed down to one of my potentially new favorite bars/restaurants:
oBa.
They boast a Cuban theme but really it was more just Latin American which was nice. The walls were a vivid orange, there were pillars and fountains and just a genuinely cozy motif. We sat at a table in the bar and I (I stress the I because they didn’t order anything) proceeded to order a Key Lime Pie Martini (which came fully equipped with a graham cracker crust around the rim of the glass) and some coconut shrimp. Both of these were Excellent. We then ordered the Baked Argentina which boasted chocolate cake, bananas, vanilla bean ice cream covered in a toasted meringue and surrounded by mangos and pineapple… The ice cream was good… as were the two pieces of banana I ate which apparently was the only two on the whole thing… I wouldn’t order that again, next time I am definitely going to go for the Molten Volcano Cinnamon Chocolate Cake… with a molten chocolate center.. yummy…
I cannot wait til next time.. hehe

No comments: