Friday, August 1, 2008

Another Night on the Town.

I know it is not right to complain about being tired being that I knowingly decided to go out for drinks rather than go home and get some rest before getting up at 5 am to come to work, but I am so tired!
Even the coffee that I have had today has has no effect on my lethargic demeanor. At least I can say though that I had a good enough time last night that I actually feel like it was sort of worth my suffering today hehe.
My friend L was running extremely late due to circumstances outside of her control and I was sitting at Henry's sitting at a table examining the happy hour menu and waiting for the server to come take my order. Normally I am ok with this, but on this occasion due to the fact that the place was so packed I felt somewhat bad that I had this table all to myself. So I told her that if she didnt hurry up I was going to be compelled to give her spot to someone else; which was what I ended up having to do.
A.. younger.. gentleman, after noticing I let someone take two of the chairs that was at my table, decided to make conversation by pointing out the ever so observant fact that I was giving away all my chairs and I decided to make him my victim. Hehe. It worked and I had a nice conversation for the next little while, well more like hour, while I waited. And it was an interesting conversation at that... talk of checking surfboards and bicycles onto airplanes when he flew company business keeping in mind that his "company" he works for is the US government hence it is people like you and I that are paying all these excess weight and baggage fees just so this kid could go and have a good time while he was on "business".. yeah... I let him know my views on that. And walking your dog at a school that you don't even go to?? I will never understand why people do that.. It is a campus, not a nature hike.
Finally!! She arrives and it was like a switch went off and my attentional focus went from him to all her and he ended up going away... I didnt mean to be mean, it just happened! :D

The remainder of the evening went as follows:
I had a gay man wanting to borrow my shorts
I have learned you can never have too many olives
Or cherries for that matter
A half a cherry is only ok only if you know what happened to the other half
Chicken Wings and Crab Cakes are no where near the same thing
An Irish pub is an IRISH Pub; don't expect anything more!
We have a great story to scare even the most "honest" bartender away

Come two am we were kicked to the curb and we found our way back to my car. I was in a talkative mood; she needed a bathroom. Its not that I didnt believe her (I mean, she didnt just use the bathroom not ten minutes before or anything) I just couldnt stop talking! And talking.. And talking :)

Like right now! I could keep going and going... but I think I will drop off now........ oh yes. Who needs a conclusion?

No comments: