Friday, May 2, 2008

Kauai, HI - the formation of a plan

I am thinking that I am going to need to go and buy some new hiking shoes for the next adventure that I have coming my way….
Kauai, Hawaii
[May 11-14]
I decided today that I really, really do need a vacation and even though I will be missing two days of my astronomy class next term it will most definitely be worth it. The fact that I was able to find positive space (ie confirmed seats) home on Wednesday pretty much made my decision for me.
So now I am sitting here, with an itinerary of things that there is no way I could do in a week, let alone four days. Everyone around me is trying to be helpful telling me that I have to have the shrimp at this restaurant in Princeville. That I have to go on the tour of the Fern Grotto. That I have to go snorkeling in Hanalei Bay. I want to go hiking in Waimea Canyon (what Mark Twain penned as the grand canyon of the Pacific)… I want to lay on the beach in Poipu... I would love to find some black sand beaches if they have them on this island... but the last thing I want is any stress. And you all know how I plan my vacations lol. I have the rental car booked, we’ll see about the hotel. I’m half temped on staying in different places each night… I've even been intrigued with the idea of camping out one of the nights...... ha ha. Hey, if the weather is right, and I feel like the area is safe why not?? It would definately be an experience and would save me a good $150. So... We’ll see when we get there :)

No comments: