Saturday, May 31, 2008

The coffee date which lasted 6 hours.

So last night I decided to meet up with an old friend of mine whom I have been communicating with off and on for almost a year now off of a particular internet sight which will remain anonymous (rhymes with Thai Place lol). Lets call him, for lack of a better term, PSU Guy. We had always talked but never actually met which is very common which those sorts of relationships but I decided that I finally wanted to meet him face to face to see if we really did have as much in common as it seemed.
We met at Peet’s Coffee & Tea at 4pm in the pearl where we preceeded to talk and talk and talk until my stomach told me that if we were going to keep talking we would need to do it at a place where there was food. So from there we went and checked out the menu at this place right down the street from there but decided that it wasn’t what we were feeling like having at the moment. So we ended up down at this noodle place that was right atop of Blitz. After staring at the menu for a while he asked me what I was going to get to which I answered the Pad Thai. He smiled and said that was what he was going to get as well. So we sit down and I swear that that was the worst pad thai I have ever tasted period but I tried to eat it anyways (the chicken atop it was good at least) making a huge mess the whole time (bean sprouts were getting EVERYWHERE! Lol). So from there we decide that if we are going to be staying downtown any longer he was going to have to go and plug his meter so we start walking. He said he was parked “just a little ways away”. Ok, I really don’t mind walking, its actually quite refreshing and I hadn’t had a chance to make it downtown at all this semester so I was enjoying gazing at all the changes that had taken place since then. Somehow the city is always in metamorphosis. When we finally get the 12 blocks to his car we decide to head downtown to see if the parade is going or to see a movie. On the way I desperately needed a bathroom so I got use of my gym membership for the month and made a stop at the 24hr in the pearl. From there we make it downtown and decide to nix the parade in favor of a movie. I didn’t recognize any movies on the list and he was able to convince me to watch “Baby Mama” (I was pleasantly surprised to be honest in the quality of this film). So inside the theatre we went. At first we thought that we were going to get a private screening (it added fuel to my notion of it going to be a horrid movie) but it filled up quickly.
It is now after 10pm and we decide that its about time to get going. He walks me back to my car and I give him a ride to his car which is parked considerably further away. All in all it was a good experience. I am thinking I will see him again, but there is a little something…. That I think will be cleared up after date #2.

No comments: