Friday, February 20, 2009

Where did that freight train come from?

Everyone around me has been dropping like flies.
It was inevitable that this was going to happen.
While I do rarely get sick, I have fallen victim to the illness just like the others.
Last night I felt like I was on fire.
I hacked up a lung and still have yet to find it.
The nausea was the worst of it... (my weakness, I cannot stand nausea)
But with the proper medication, and the right support (and the sleep I got last night did wonders) here I am, in a decent, but medicated, state.
Now I must ask myself... is it really fair for me to be here?
Or am I making my sickness worse by wishing I was not here so badly?
The power of positive thinking works wonders... and right now I want to think about how my 8.5hrs of vacation time would be better spent on a nice warm beach...
... nice..... warm.... beach........
Ow.
Feeling better already :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick! I got over strep last week, and now I have this horrid cold. My left nostril is clogged like crazy, but I can't blow it because it hurts so bad. My nose is already cracked and peeling. I feel miserable. I'm glad the weekend is here so I can rest. I hope you feel better soon.

Rebecca said...

But you see, you have a legitimate reason to be sick.. you work with young children all day. Me, well, while I do work with adults.....
maybe I should not publish the rest of that train of though, eh?