Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Commitmentphobia is real

Men are so funny.
A friend of mine came over the other day to ask for some advice on what to get his girlfriend of over two years for valentines. Apparently she has been "putting the hints out there" for what she really wants, but to him, that subject is about as taboo as talking about plane crashes while flying over the Atlantic.
Commitmentphobia is real.
It is something that even the best of us suffer from on rare occasions, myself included (I mean, I dont even want to sign a lease somewhere because it ties me down for at least 6 months... why that should be a problem? Especially since I want to move more than anything.... I don't know.. Stability is something I'm always craving yet I never want to make sure I have it. Interesting)
but anyways... enough about my neurosis'.. back to my friend.
Don't you think that if after two years of being with someone you should know if you really want to be with them or not? And if you don't think that you want to be with them, why do you waste your time? Not only is it unfair to you, but it is unfair to the one that you are with.
So... stop with the deer in the headlights nonsense. Sure, Valentines is really just another day, but if it makes you sit down and think about the current state of affairs then maybe it actually is an important day (greeting card companies would most definitely say so, I'm sure). I say, either get ready to jump or get away from the edge.
But that is just my opinion.

No comments: