Thursday, February 5, 2009

Live from San Francisco!

This last week, a friend and I made the trek down to the city by the bay to spend the day, well, by the bay.

He had never been there before so I opted to show him the "sights", or moreover, the "sights" that every tourist wants to see but not necessarily the view from the local perspective. In fact, I'm sure that locals stay far away from places like China Town, Fisherman's Wharf, etc etc, but on this day I thought it would be fine to at least walk through them.
Oh, did I say walk?
Walking was definitely on the list of things to do that day because not only did I not want to deal with parking or driving downtown, I didnt want to pay $90 to rent a minivan for the day, or $120 for a compact car. I didnt want to pay even half! Just ridiculous if you ask me. So we rode the train downtown, walked a very, very long distance (all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge! and according to google maps, about 6.6 miles) and took a cab back to where we started.
We were only there for about 7 hrs, but it was a worthwhile experience. Anything that makes my body ache for 2 - 3 days after wards has to be worthwhile though, right?

I have a feeling that I will be making the trip back down sooner than later, but this next time I will be anything but the despised T word...

No comments: