Friday, February 6, 2009

The Life of a Diamond

Why is it that I always want what I cannot have, and once I start to get what I believed I wanted I no longer find myself wanting said object?
Why also is it that I am always finding myself wanting the same object over and over again, no matter how many times it has burned me in the past? Is it simply because I cannot have it? How can an obsession be fueled purely by inaccessability?
Why is it when I find something that would never hurt me, something safe and caring, something that I should be proud to call my own, I still find myself looking back to what I cannot have with longing? I find myself falling but bat away all hands that reach out to catch me. Why?

It is foolish to cling to dreams that reality is a far cry from.
It is foolish to want to live in the dark because no light will illuminate said reality in a fashion that can be worthy of pride; in a fashion that can even function.
It is foolish to throw away a beautiful diamond just because it doesnt fit into the setting you already had created.

Design a new setting.

No comments: