Monday, March 17, 2008

Solo this weekend

Don't let the name fool you..

Solo, the nightclub in the pearl, is definitely not a place where you will find yourself alone...

Saturday, March 15th, 2008
9:30pm to 2:30am


So this weekend I was invited out to above club by an old friend of mine.
My girlfriends were either:

A) Working
B) Sick
C) Out of Town
D) Stuck in a small town far away doing homework
E) All of the Above

So I let him know that I would love to join him, but really didn't know because of the circumstances. He told me to not worry about it, to come and hang out with him and have a good time. He then said that it was a Vegas theme, so to dress nice. That was all I needed to hear, being that I had a little black dress that was begging to be worn and last weekend's fiasco was still needing to be deleted from my mind I decided to just do it. And besides, I love an occasion that allows me to go out and buy a new pair of shoes.
Lets just say it worked.
I get there around 9:30ish and there is already a line around the corner.
I didn't want to stand in line so I go up to the bouncer and get right in. Didn't have to pay either, which was nice. I get upstairs and am greeted by my friend and his entourage and am shown to our section in the VIP lounge.
I then head down to the bar to get the one and only drink that I will purchase for the night.. my typical Mai Tai and this was where the fun started.

"You are GORGOEOUS, do you know that??" he said to me..
"I am not going to give you any more of a tip just because you said that you know" I say mischievously as I walk away.
I glace back and he was staring at me, speechless...

So I head back over to the group and start scanning the crowd. There were a couple of people that I knew from my days as a club hopper, I made my rounds and said hi. But there was no one that was catching my interest so I went back up to the group of guys that I was with.

I feel my phone going off in the purse that I despise since I left the little black purse that I typically take out in K's car last weekend. I really shouldn't have opened it. I should have just left it alone. But we all know how I get when I am drinking, have unresolved issues and my cell phone. It was a message from my friend telling me something that I really shouldn't have been told, so I decide to ask the ex about it. Yeah, that was my first mistake... But I couldn't resist. And that was when I decided that I needed a real drink.
I was with my friends brother, DS, who I spent a majority of the evening with, who could tell I was distressed and said that he would get me a drink.
"What do you want?" he asks
"I really don't care, as long as it is strong..." I say
"What about an AMF??"
"Eh?? Whatever, sounds good"
"You do know what AMF stands for, right?"
I look at him puzzled, attempting to associate the letters with words but came up blank.
"Adios Mother F-er"
"Ha ha.. yeah, that sounds great!"
Little did I know what was really in this drink, and after waiting in line for 20 minutes to get to the bar, I was in awe as the bartender made it, four bottles of liquor going at once. Another shot of something. A quarter inch of sprite. A lemon on the side of the glass, about $9 later and I am good to go.

Here is the official recipe:
AMF
1 shot Vodka
1 shot Gin
1 shot Rum
1 Shot Triple Sec
1 Shot Blue Curisso
A splash of Sweet and Sour.

Amazingly it tasted great. I don't know if it was just due to the fact that I wanted to escape my conscious mind that desperately or what. But he gave me 5 minutes to drink it and drink it I did. Even though I was half tempted to see him try and pry that drink from my hands after those five minutes were up.. hehe
So anyways, this was when I started dancing. The crowd had gotten dense, there were people everywhere. And lets just say that it can be quite fun dancing and dashing... not getting their hopes up because there is no way that I would go home with anyone from a bar but sometimes its great to just dance your troubles away.......
2am came.
It is the time when the men get desperate and try every line they can in an attempt to get you to go home with them. All they get from me is "uh, no thanks" or "maybe you should ask her (as I point to someone across the room) she looks much more drunk than I am"
I got my coat.
Walked back to my car.
And went home.
In my opinion its better to go home alone than to go with a stranger, no matter how lonely you are at the moment.

No comments: