Thursday, March 13, 2008

NW 23rd Ave, Portland, OR 97210

I went down to 23rd the other day because I was really craving a bagel breakfast sandwich so I went first to Kornblatts (but didn’t see anything I really wanted) and then walked down to Noah’s New York Bagels (which I really like now). I got a turkey sausage, cheese and egg bagel and headed to Starbucks for a honey latte. On the way out I passed this guy who was talking on a cell phone and was smiling at me. I wasn’t feeling so bad so I smiled back (actually I have been feeling pretty good now a days.. ) and walked on by. I get to my car and was getting the key out when I turn around and see that he was running towards me.

"I just need to know one thing" he says.

My eyes say "And that is?" with a quick shake of the head.

"Are you single?"

I smile, ironically, "As a matter of fact, I am. I just broke up with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago" I say.

He then proceeds to tell me that he’s been single for the past couple of months and wanted to know if I would like to go out sometime. I think "oh, why not?" but really wasnt sure that I would honestly want to. He then asks me for my number and I thought about giving him the fake one I give everyone (hey, I truly am sorry for the person who has my old phone number, but that is the number I give to everyone I don't like! hahaha) but I thought "it wouldn’t hurt, I doubt that I will really like this guy but hey, that took a lot of courage and confidence to turn around and chase after me like that and we all know how much I like to be chased after……"
hehehe

Maybe that was wrong of me....

No comments: