Friday, July 16, 2010

Starbucks Via: Surprisingly Tasty

Have you ever tried the Starbucks Via? I ran out of coffee in here the other day and had a three pack that I got as a free sample back when they first started marketing it stashed away in my desk in case of emergencies... well, my running out of coffee was very easily deemed an emergency so I got one out and tried it.
When I tried the sample at Starbucks I thought it was disgusting; it tasted bitter and burnt. I think, however, that has to do with the fact that according to the directions you need the entire packet for one cup of coffee.
This is wrong.
I only put about a third of it into my cup and I came away with a surprisingly delicious cup of coffee! So good in fact that instead of making it a point to go out and get more coffee grounds for my french press, I have been happy to use what I have left of the Via before going out of my way and getting myself into a respectable coffee shop to pick up some more coffee beans.
Mmm.
Thank you Via for making my morning a happy one :)

No comments: